(ANDREW COUNTY, Mo.) Two people were injured after a vehicle overturned on I-29 early Monday morning in Andrew County.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol reports that a 2007 Hyundai Tiburon was driving south on I-29 at I-229 when the driver of the vehicle overcorrected causing the vehicle to travel off the west side of the road. The vehicle then travelled down an embankment and overturned.
The crash happening about six miles north of St. Joseph at 1:18 a.m. Monday.
The driver of the vehicle, Liz Gomes, 21, of Shawnee, Kansas was taken to Mosaic Life Care with moderate injuries. An occupant in the vehicle, Anik Gomes, 24, of Shawnee, Kansas also taken to Mosaic with moderate injuries. Both were wearing seat belts at the time of the crash.
The Andrew County Sheriff's Department and the Andrew County EMS assisted at the scene.
- Two people injured after car overturns on I-29 in Andrew County
- Two people injured after car crosses I-29, overturns in Holt County
- Driver injured after semi overturns on I-29 in Platte County
- Car overturns on I-29 south of St. Joseph, driver seriously injured
- MoDOT Truck Overturns in Andrew County
- Camper overturns on I-29, shuts down one lane of traffic
- Traffic diverted off I-29 after truck overturns near Faucett
- 1 injured in rollover crash on I-29
- Two people seriously injured after overturning motorcycle in Caldwell County
- Two injured after car goes airborne, overturns in Nodaway County