(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) One person was killed in a crash on the Belt Highway Friday.
The accident happened on South Belt Highway near 36 Highway around 11:00 a.m.
Two vehicles were involved.
St. Joseph police said a car exiting off Highway 36 was turning north on the Belt when it was hit by another vehicle.
A 29-year-old woman died from her injuries she suffered in the accident. Her 8-year-old passenger was taken by life flight to Children's Mercy Hospital with very serious injuries.
The 23-year-old man in the striking vehicle suffered serious injuries.
Police said speed was a factor in the crash.
Names of the victims have not been released.
- UPDATE: 1 killed in Belt Highway crash
- Police identify woman killed in Belt Highway crash
- 94-Year-Old Victim Identified in Fatal Belt Highway Crash
- Crash on N. Belt Highway Sends 3 People to Hospital
- Drivers in Belt Highway crash suffer minor injuries
- MODOT creates sidewalks along Belt Highway
- MoDOT and Highway Patrol Demonstrate the Importance of Seat Belts
- MoDOT Studying Speed Limit Change to Stretch of Belt Highway
- Romantic Date Catches the Eyes of Drivers Along Belt Highway
- Driver charged in deadly head-on collision on Belt Highway