(KANSAS CITY, Mo.) A St. Joseph man severely injured in a car crash along Interstate 29 has been taken off life support, according to family.
Lloyd "Rex" Anderson, 42, suffered numerous injuries including fractures to the skull and swelling in his brain after the car he was driving hydroplaned during the rain and hit a tree.
The accident happened at the 23.4 mile marker in Platte County around 5:39 a.m. on April 30.
The family confirmed Anderson passed Friday afternoon.
Anderson leaves behind a wife, three kids as well as grandchildren.
- UPDATE: Man critically injured in I-29 crash dies
- 1 injured in rollover crash on I-29
- UPDATE: Northbound I-29 now open after crash
- Maryville man dies from injuries in I-29 crash
- Two Seriously Injured in Tractor Trailer Crash on I-29 North
- Multi-vehicle crash closes northbound I-29
- I-29 reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Driver injured after semi overturns on I-29 in Platte County
- 4 injured in collision at I-29 and Frederick intersection
- Man critically injured in Doniphan County fight