(HIAWATHA, Kan.) The Kansas State Highway Patrol has identified the pilot that was killed in a plane crash Friday night in Brown County, Kansas.
Troopers said 67-year-old Bruce L. Lutz, of Andover, Kansas, crashed the 1975 Beechcraft airplane he was piloting in a corn field between Highway 73 and Mallard Road just before 5:30 p.m.
The cause of the crash remains unknown.
The FAA and Kansas Highway Patrol are investigating the crash.
Previous story: One person dead after Hiawatha plane crash.
- UPDATE: Pilot identified in fatal Hiawatha plane crash
- One person dead after Hiawatha plane crash
- Pilot safe after plane crash
- Police Identify Victim in Fatal I-229 Crash
- Family speaks out after racial bullying at Hiawatha High School
- Victim Identified in Tuesday's Fatal Three-Vehicle Crash
- 94-Year-Old Victim Identified in Fatal Belt Highway Crash
- Police Identify Victim in Fatal House Fire
- Victim Identified in Fatal Highway 59 Accident
- UPDATE: Child has been identified