(ATCHISON, Kan.) U.S. Highway 59 reopened to traffic Thursday.
According to a late Thursday morning release from Atchison County Emergency Management, the highway, east of Atchison, Kansas in Buchanan County, Missouri, was to reopen by 12 noon.
According to Atchison County Emergency Management Director Wes Lanter, one lane of the highway will be open to traffic, with east and westbound motorists to be guided by traffic signals.
The highway closed May 8 due to flooding, which left water over the roadway in several locations.
The closing came after the highway reopened in April after being shut down in March due to flooding.
- U.S. Highway 59 reopens
- Highway 59 reopens into Atchison, Kansas
- Tractor Trailer Fire Closes Highway 59
- One Person Killed on Highway 59
- Victim Identified in Fatal Highway 59 Accident
- Police Involved in Standoff Along Highway 59
- Victims Identified in Deadly Highway 59 Crash
- Highway 59 remains closed due to flooding
- Highway 59 closing again due to flooding
- Highway Patrol identifies victim killed in Highway 59 crash