(FORTESCUE, Mo.) U.S. Route 159 opened in southeast Nebraska and northwest Missouri, nearly six months after it was closed.
The Missouri Department of Transportation closed the route back in March after extensive flooding. According to a MoDOT news release, crews have been repairing damage and removing debris from the route.
Travelers can expect lane closures in the fall of 2019 on the Little Tarkio Creek Bridge and the Penny Slu Bridge.
MoDOT said because of the upcoming construction some sections of the route will remain closed including portions of Route 111 near Fortescue, parts of U.S. Route 159 east of Route 111 at Big Lake.
- U.S. Route 159 opened to Rulo, Nebraska
- Rulo, Nebraska sets record crest on Missouri River
- Rulo, Nebraska Missouri River gauge reaches major flood status, first time since 2011
- Nebraska Homicide Suspect Arrested in Platte County
- Levee fails in Nemaha County, Nebraska along Missouri River
- U.S. Route 59 now completely open from Atchison, Kansas to St. Joseph
- Route 45 closed south of St. Joseph
- Lending a Hand: Nebraska family grateful for Savannah's kindness during blizzard
- Nebraska man killed in fatal crash on I-29 near Mound City
- Two men find a fridge full of ice-cold beers in Nebraska flooding devastation