(SAVANNAH, Mo.) The United Electric Cooperation handed out free water on Thursday to those impacted by the water main cut in Savannah.
The company set up the water giveaway at their headquarters in Savannah and later gave away water in Fillmore. Four pallets of water were initially purchased but the company purchased four more to hand out.
James Bagley, the CEO of United Electric, says that the company wanted to help the community that was impacted by the water break in Savannah.
"With the water main cut in the city, a lot of people were caught off guard, you know with this being unexpected." Bagley said. "So we are trying provide a way for them to get water."
The city of Savannah and places that receive water from the city remain under a water boil order until Friday at noon.
- United Electric Cooperation hands out free water
- Local church handing out free water on hot day
- United Electric shutting off electricity to homes along Missouri River
- United Way Reading Adventure
- Interserv, United Way team up to offer free tax prep services
- Community discusses potential electric rate increase
- United Way Campaign Nears Deadline
- United Way holds annual meeting
- Water Line Break Leaves Town without Water
- Worth County water customers without water