(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The 10th annual Stuff the Bus school supply drive began on Friday and continues Saturday.
School buses are parked outside of both St. Joseph Walmart stores beginning Friday morning. United Way volunteers are on hand to accept donated school supplies and money.
The supplies will go to the Salvation Army and be given out during its back to school fair on August 9th.
Jay Martin, the Program Director of the United Way of Greater St. Joseph, says that the annual event grows each year. And says that supplies and money help kids all year long.
“It’s you know grown to where we’re not only supplying the kiddos with the backpacks to start school, but also to uh help each individual counselor with whatever they might need during the school year," Martin said.
United Way will collect nearly 20,000 items from this year's event and help nearly 800 kids.
Donations will be accepted at both Walmart locations until 7 p.m. Friday and on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- United Way begins 10th annual Stuff the Bus
- United Way wraps up 11th annual Stuff the Bus drive
- Stuff the Bus campaign kicks off
- United Way holds annual meeting
- Annual Stuff the Truck gives coats to those in need
- Mustangs Reveal 10th Anniversary Logo
- House Fire on 10th Street
- Nature Center celebrates 10th birthday
- Remington Nature Center in its 10th year
- Child hit by car on 10th Street, taken to hospital