(MARYVILLE, Mo.) Northwest Missouri State University students gathered outside the Maryville HyVee Saturday afternoon to serenade shoppers with Christmas carols.
Four sudents from the university's performing arts program, an ensemble called Dicken's Carolers, sang holiday favorites to help out a local organization collect unwrapped gifts and monatory donations.
Cornerstones of Care is a foster care agency who is helping out kids in need this Christmas.
"We are trying to just raise some money to help the local children's division purchase gifts for all of the children in foster care in this area," Valyn McClellen, resource development manager for Cornerstones of Care, said.
The group was out caroling and collecting gifts from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. To find out more on how you can help, visit Cornerstones of Care's website.
- University Students Spread Holiday Cheer through Caroling
- Bell Ringer Plays a Different Kind of Instrument to Spread Holiday Cheer
- Lafayette Cheers on Two Missing at Graduation
- Missourians Spreading Goodwill in Chile
- Tim Conway, star of the 'Carol Burnett Show,' dies at 85
- Chillicothe Hosts Holiday Expo
- Holiday Heart Syndrome
- 2018 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- This Year's Flu Continues to Spread Across the United States
- Animal Shelter Taking Precautions to Avoid the Spread of Disease