(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The next time you take the bus, you may stop and notice a few new features.
St. Joe Transit is upgrading some of its bus stops around town.
The upgrades feature concrete platforms, a bench, and even a solar powered light to make riders more visible in the dark.
The bus company said they wanted to make bus riding more safe and accessible for riders.
"Many of our customers have disabilities, so anything we can do that makes it easier for them to use the bus is a great thing," said St. Joe Transit General Manager Mary Gatson.
Twenty bus stops will be upgraded.
St. Joe Transit operates eight routes in St. Joseph and Elwood, Kansas.
- Upgrades coming to St. Joe Transit bus stops
- Snow moves into St. Joe
- Shop St. Joe Grand Prize Winner Comes Forward
- LeBlond Tops St. Joe Christian in Doubleheader
- Multiple Traffic Accidents Reported Around St. Joe
- St. Joe Mustangs Giving Back At Camp
- St. Joe singers audition for American Idol
- St. Joseph Transit unveils nine brand new buses
- St. Joseph Transit encourages people to "Dump the Pump"
- Gov. Parson coming to St. Joe, signing Land Bank Bill into law