(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.)- After a second act of vandalism to the VA's transport van in less than a month, the service is done.
Due to the act of vandalism, the VA can't provide transport services anymore because they can't identify who or why it's being vandalized.
"I dont know if they have a greivence against the VA or the national goverment, but we cant park the goverment vehicle downtown because its going to be destroyed," Volunteer driver David Moyers said.
Moyers served in the U.S. Navy for 23 years and drives fellow veterans to medical appointments.
"I dont drive, I don't have a car," U.S. Air Force veteran Glen Mize said. "It affects more than just me it affects a lot of people that use the facility."
"It saddens me that we have people in the community that want to destroy something like this," Moyers said.
- VA ends transport service due to vandalism
- Van Used to Transport Veterans Vandalized
- Vandals Damage Construction Equipment
- Community Garden Vandalized with Onions
- Vandalism closes Aquatic Park Friday
- Vandalism closes downtown Barbosa's Castle
- Transportation Company Helps Veterans Find Work
- State Cuts SJSD transportation funding again
- Transportation planners talk future funding options
- Property Tax Payments Due