(ST. JOSEPH, Mo) The St. Joseph Fire Department responded to a structure fire on South 17th and Lafayette Streets Sunday afternoon.
The department said the structure was heavily engulfed in flames before they arrived on scene just before 3 p.m.
Neighbors said flames could be seen shooting from the home, before the front side of the structure collapsed.
SJFD confirmed the structure was vacant.
Surrounding homes suffered minor damage from the smoke, according to SJFD.
The Fire Department said the cause of the fire is unknown and still under investigation.
- SJFD Respond to Vacant Structure Engulfed in Flames
- SJFD responds to vacant house fire Wednesday morning
- SJFD responds to vacant house fire Tuesday morning
- SJFD battles vacant house fire Thursday night
- Fire Crews Battle Home Engulfed in Flames
- SJFD responds to Southside fire
- Early morning fire destroys vacant structure
- SJFD battles midtown blaze
- SJFD battles Southside blaze
- City looking to be more proactive in reducing vacant structures