ST. JOSEPH, Mo.- The St. Joseph Aquatic Park will be closed Friday, June 29th, due to vandalism that took place Thursday night or early Friday morning.
According to the Parks and Recreation Department, a large amount of trash was dumped into the pools at the park.
The St. Joseph Aquatic Park will be closed Friday, June 29th, due to vandalism that took place Thursday night.
Due to the amount of trash and garbage in the water, parks staff decided to treat and sanitize the water as a safety precaution with an anticpiated reopening on Saturday, June 30.
“It is regrettable that an incident of vandalism forced the closure of the Aquatic Park on one of the hottest days of the year, however, the safety and health of our patrons is of upmost importance,” Parks and Recreation Director Chuck Kempf said.
Krug Pool will be open today from noon to 6 p.m.
- Vandalism closes Aquatic Park Friday
- Parks Department closes Aquatic Park for Wednesday
- Aquatic Park to be closed Tuesday
- Opening delayed for Aquatic Park
- Aquatic Park to open Sunday
- Aquatic Park to Open Memorial Weekend
- Aquatic Park to Open Saturday Morning
- Aquatic Park opens for the season
- Vandalism closes downtown Barbosa's Castle
- Vandals Damage Construction Equipment