(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The St. Joseph Police Department has confirmed the identity of the driver killed in Tuesday's accident on Highway 59.
Police say Jeffery Smith, 56, of Atchison, Ks. was pronounced dead at the scene just before 8 a.m. when officers responded to a report of a crash on Highway 59 at Parker Road.
According to a press release, Smith was driving a Buick Lacrosse and crossed the center line and struck a semi-truck head on.
Highway 59 was closed for most of the morning as law enforcement investigated the scene.
The driver of the truck, Dennis Rhodes, 45, was not injured in the accident.
Police say the investigation is still on going.
- Victim Identified in Fatal Highway 59 Accident
- Victims Identified in Deadly Highway 59 Crash
- Highway Patrol identifies victim killed in Highway 59 crash
- U.S. Highway 59 reopens
- Two vehicles involved in accident on Highway 59
- 94-Year-Old Victim Identified in Fatal Belt Highway Crash
- Tractor Trailer Fire Closes Highway 59
- One Person Killed on Highway 59
- Police Involved in Standoff Along Highway 59
- Highway 59 remains closed due to flooding