(ATCHISON, KS.) KAIR - A head-on collision between a car and a semi tractor trailer late Tuesday afternoon in Atchison County leaves two dead.
Atchison County Sheriff Jack Laurie tells MSC News the fatal wreck happened on U.S. Highway 59, southwest of the Atchison city limits.
The Kansas Highway Patrol says killed in the crash were 55-year-old Atchison resident Elaine Drennon and her 54-year-old passenger, Karen Keil, of Kansas City, Missouri.
The Patrol says Drennon was northbound when her Mercury Cougar crossed the center line and struck a southbound semi-tractor trailer hauling cattle head-on around 5:00.
The driver of the semi, 48-year-old Annville, Kentucky resident William Wilson, was transported to Mosaic Life Care, in St. Joseph, Missouri, with what the Patrol described as disabling injuries.
The Patrol says all the occupants were buckled up except for Keil.
- Victims Identified in Deadly Highway 59 Crash
- Highway Patrol identifies victim killed in Highway 59 crash
- Victim Identified in Fatal Highway 59 Accident
- U.S. Highway 59 reopens
- Victim Identified in Deadly Ultralight Crash
- 2 Vehicles Involved in Crash on Highway 59
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Highway 59 crash
- Two taken to hospital following crash on U.S. Highway 59
- Tractor Trailer Fire Closes Highway 59
- One Person Killed on Highway 59