(MOUND CITY, Mo.) Two people stopped to pick up and fold an American flag that was blown down in Mound City after an apparent tornado.
It was Katelynn Brashears and Wyatt Kerns who picked up the flag after the storm moved through. Brashears said she saw the flag on the ground and knew they had to do something.
"My dad is in the military and like I respect the flag and I respect the nation," she said. "But I saw it and was like we need to pick this up because I mean it's disrespectful so I told him like let's go pick it up."
Shawna Farr captured it on video and sent it to KQ2. Farr says she recorded the video from across the street.
"I was at my grandpa's across from the clinic and saw them folding the flag that was on the ground," she said. "And it about made me cry."
- WATCH: Couple picks up, folds American flag after being blown down in Mound City
- Flooding leads to evacuations in Mound City
- Mound City Girls Advance, North Andrew Boys Fall In Semis
- Mound City opens temporary shelter for people in need
- Man seriously injured after dump truck overturns near Mound City
- Red Cross closing Mound City shelter as flood waters recede
- Mound City residents clean up after Saturday's apparent tornado
- Damage reported in Mound City after possible tornado
- FEMA disaster recovery center to open in Mound City Friday
- Numerous rock trucks in Mound City cause noisy nuisance