KQ2 recently held a focus group to discuss the five options being considered for the future of St. Joseph's high schools.
The St. Joseph School District worked with architects and engineers from SJSD's facilities planning partner, DLR Group, to develop the five concepts based on findings from the community, groups and various individuals over the past few months. The proposals include renovating current schools, to building either one or two new high schools or a combination of both.
High School Concepts:
Concept A: New Single High School
Concept B: Two New High Schools
Concept C: Build New High School & Renovate Central
Concept D: Renovate Current High Schools
Concept E: New 9th Grade Center & 10-12 High School
The district will now review the feedback before making a recommendation to the Board of Education. The board could possibly vote on a final plan to be implemented by the school district in November.
Watch the full panel discussion by clicking on the video links above.
- WATCH: St. Joseph high schools face uncertain future
- Community gets first look at possible plans for future of St. Joseph high schools
- Cool Crest Summer Opening Uncertain
- VOTE: Should St. Joseph renovate or build new high schools?
- St. Joseph Animal Shelter holds ribbon cutting at future location
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate
- St. Joseph celebrates pride
- St. Joseph School District Fights the Flu
- St. Joseph School District Announces New Superintendent