(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Walmart stores offered free health checkups across the country Saturday, including the St. Joseph area.
Pharmacists tested people's blood pressure, offered glucose screenings, vision checks, among other services. Store employees were on hand to also provide additional health information about smoking and prescription drugs.
"Today is health and wellness day. We have four of these a year," Walmart pharmacy manager Brett Dunn said. "We are trying to educate people how to live healthier, healthier choices in their meals."
According to a press release from the retail giant, the company has provided more than two million screenings. The release also stressed the importance of reaching customers who might not otherwise check their health.
The health fair took place at every Walmart in the United States. Locations nationwide hold them a few times a year.
- Store Offers Free Health Screenings
- Organizations offering free mammograms
- Area dentists offer free dental care
- Northwest Health holding free flood relief drives
- Amazon Go is going small with tiny, cashier-free stores
- FFO Home store holds free mattress giveaway for flood victims
- Teachers get free supplies from non for profit store
- Animal Control Offers Free Adoption for Senior Pets
- St. Joseph Parks and Recreation Offering Free Lifeguard Training