(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Walmart stores offered free health checkups across the country Saturday, including the St. Joseph area.
Pharmacists tested people's blood pressure, offered glucose screenings, vision checks, among other services. Store employees were on hand to also provide additional health information about smoking and prescription drugs.
"Today is health and wellness day. We have four of these a year," Walmart pharmacy manager Brett Dunn said. "We are trying to educate people how to live healthier, healthier choices in their meals."
According to a press release from the retail giant, the company has provided more than two million screenings. The release also stressed the importance of reaching customers who might not otherwise check their health.
The health fair took place at every Walmart in the United States. Locations nationwide hold them a few times a year.
- Store Offers Free Health Screenings
- Area dentists offer free dental care
- Amazon Go is going small with tiny, cashier-free stores
- Animal Control Offers Free Adoption for Senior Pets
- St. Joseph Parks and Recreation Offering Free Lifeguard Training
- Salvation Army offers free hot meals amid dangerous cold
- St. Joseph Health Dept. to Host Free Flu Shot Clinic
- Health Department Provides Free Narcan For Law Enforcement
- St. Joseph Health Department to hold free flu clinic