Sunday was the warmest day so far in 2018. We did tie a record high of 92 degrees in St. Joseph. For Sunday night, expect mostly cloudy skies with isolated thunderstorms possible. The best chance for rain will be in the northwest sections of the area. Warm and muggy conditions expected with lows in the upper 60s.
For your Monday, we see another warm day coming with highs in the 80s. There is a decent chance for some thunderstorms throughout the day. Greatest chance will be during the late afternoon and evening hours. The Storm Prediction Center does have the entire KQ2 viewing area in a "Slight" risk for severe weather on Monday. Primary threats are damaging winds, large hail, and flooding. Your entire KQ2 weather team will be keeping an eye on this potential so stay tuned for updates.
The rest of the workweek features some slight rain chances for Tuesday. Both Wednesday and Thursday should stay dry with only minor chances for storms. A better chance for some rain comes next Friday and Saturday. All week, highs will be in the 80s.
MAPS: Local, Regional & National Radar Maps
MORE: Hourly Forecast
LIVE: Interactive Radar
CLOSINGS: School & Business Closings & Delays
TRAVEL: Traffic & Road Conditions Map
YOUR LOCAL WEATHER AUTHORITY: Extended Forecast
DOWNLOAD OUR WEATHER APPS: iOS | Android
- Warm Temps and Storm Chances Monday
- Storm chances increase Monday
- Hot Temps and Storm Chances for Tuesday
- Heat Continues With Storm Chances Monday
- Chance For Storms Continues
- Storm Chances Early Sunday
- Storm Chances For Thursday
- Isolated Storms and Hot Temps This Evening
- Rain Chances with Cooler Temps on the Way
- Cool Temps With a Few Rain Chances This Weekend