(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Kenneth Wells, 38, of Wathena, Kansas was seriously injured and arrested after being ejected from a vehicle in a crash on I-29 in St. Joseph Sunday night.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol reports that Wells was driving a 2002 Ford F150 southbound on I-29 just after 10:00 p.m. when he traveled off the east side of the roadway near mile marker 47. Wells over-corrected and his vehicle ended up skidding off the west side of the roadway and struck a guardrail. Wells was ejected from the vehicle through the driver-side window. His vehicle overturned on to its driver side and then landed on its wheels.
Wells was transported to Mosaic Life Care with serious injuries. He was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash.
According to the highway patrol's arrest reports, Wells was arrested following the crash for a DWI, not wearing a seat belt, no insurance, no license, and careless and imprudent driving involving an accident.
The Buchanan County Sheriff's Office assisted at the scene.
- Wathena man arrested for DWI following crash on I-29 in St. Joseph Sunday night
- St. Joseph man arrested on suspicion of DWI in I-29 head-on crash
- MoDOT reopens I-29 north of St. Joseph
- I-29 reopens north of St. Joseph
- St. Joseph Woman Killed in Crash on I-29
- I-29 north of St. Joseph closed because of flooding
- I-29 closure north of St. Joseph enters sixth week
- St. Joseph celebrates Easter Sunday
- St. Joseph man dies in motorcycle crash Friday night
- St. Joseph man seriously injured in ATV crash Friday night