Missouri Western (14-12) falls to Pittsburg State (19-9) 4-2 in eleven innings Friday at Spring Sports Complex.
The Griffons held a 2-1 lead into the eighth inning, but were unable to keep the Gorillas from crossing the plate. Andrew Vogelbaugh drove in the tieing run with a double in the eighth.
Both teams had plenty of opportunities to win the game with runners in scoring position. Both pitching staffs got their respective teams out of tough jams.
In the top of the eleventh, Pittsburg State was able to drive in two runs and Western was unable to respond.
The Griffons are back in action Wednesday up in Maryville. They take on Northwest Missouri with a first pitch set for 1:00 p.m.
- Western Baseball Falls In Extras To Gorillas
- Western Falls To Northwest In Baseball Rivalry Game
- Western Baseball Falls in Rivalry Game to Northwest
- Western Baseball Wins Series Finale Against Lindenwood
- Western Baseball Grabs Big Win Against Emporia
- Western Falls To Rival Northwest Wednesday
- Gorillas perfect their selfie style in photo with park ranger
- Western Baseball Gets Back To Winning Ways Thursday
- Western Men Sneak Past Quincy, Women Fall at Drury