ST. JOSEPH, Mo. - Missouri Western baseball's (21-18, 14-12) bats fire on all cylinders beating Emporia State (22-17, 13-13), 11-3 Tuesday.
The Griffons were able to gain the lead in the fifth when Levi Schreiner grabbed an infield single to score Brooks day. The runs piled on from there. Scoring seven unanswered runs to grab the 11-3 lead.
The series win gave the Griffons a one-game lead over Emporia for seventh in the MIAA.
Western begins an eight-game road trip at William Jewell on Wednesday. Then to Central Oklahoma for a three-game series over the weekend. Western announced Tuesday, the team's non-conference game at Rockhurst on April 24 is cancelled.
- Western Baseball Grabs Big Win Against Emporia
- Western Baseball Wins Series Finale Against Lindenwood
- Mustangs Grab Bounce-Back Win
- Western Baseball Gets Back To Winning Ways Thursday
- Benton, Chillicothe Grab Conference Wins Thursday
- Mustangs Grab Road Win In Joplin
- Western Baseball Falls In Extras To Gorillas
- Western Falls To Northwest In Baseball Rivalry Game
- Western Baseball Falls in Rivalry Game to Northwest