A tight game comes undone as Northwest (16-12, 12-5) scores three in the eighth to defeat Western (14-13, 7-7) 8-4, Wednesday.
The Griffons jumped out to an early lead with a Nolan Meyer home run in the second at-bat of the game. Will Jibas homered to left field in the top of the second to tie the game at 2-2.
Fahd Shakeel was walked with the bases loaded, allowing Casey Danley to tie the game at 3-3.
Northwest answered with two runs in the fifth inning to make it 5-3. Nick Schrank doubled to cut the lead to 5-4.
Northwest added three more runs in the eighth to pull away with the 8-4 victory.
The Griffons are back at it tomorrow, starting a three-game series with Missouri Southern at Spring Sports Complex. First pitch tomorrow is 5:00 p.m.
The Bearcats start a three-game series Friday with a double-header against Northern State. First pitch for game one is 1:00 p.m.
- Western Falls To Northwest In Baseball Rivalry Game
- Western Baseball Falls in Rivalry Game to Northwest
- Western Falls To Rival Northwest Wednesday
- Northwest Runs Past Missouri Western
- Western Baseball Falls In Extras To Gorillas
- Northwest Baseball Struggles in Kearney
- Western and Northwest Softball Split Tuesday
- Northwest Baseball In Position For MIAA Title
- Fairfield Inn Classic Recap: Western cruises past St. Mary, Northwest falls against Rockhurst