In a double-header with plenty of MIAA conference implications, neither Western (16-19, 7-3) or Northwest (16-10, 7-3) could gain a game advantage as they split the two games.
Game one saw the Griffons attack Northwest early, scoring five runs in the first three innings. Then a three-run inning, featuring a Lonnie Groves solo home run and a Gabi Carter two-run shot, finished the game in five innings.
Game two saw Rachel Smith for Northwest pitch a complete game shut-out to avoid the sweep. Kiana Baderdeen drove in the winning-run in the bottom of the fifth with a double.
Both teams are on the road this weekend. Wester plays Central Missouri and Northwest plays Southwest Baptist, Friday. The two teams then swap opponents on Saturday.
- Western and Northwest Softball Split Tuesday
- Western Softball Earns Split on Senior Day
- Griffon Softball Splits With Pittsburg State Tuesday
- Northwest Runs Past Missouri Western
- Western Falls To Rival Northwest Wednesday
- Griffon Softball's Winning Streak Ends After Split
- Western Softball Sweeps Missouri Southern Thursday
- Western Softball Season Comes to an End
- Western Falls To Northwest In Baseball Rivalry Game