(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A transformer issue is to blame for a widespread power outage that left thousands of KCP&L customers in the dark Friday afternoon, according to a utility spokesperson.
More than 13,000 people lost power around 3:30 p.m. Friday.
KCP&L said the transformer issue happened at a sub-station but provided no other details.
Power was restored to most customers within an hour.
- Widespread Power Outage Hits St. Joseph
- Power Outages Reported in St. Joseph Area
- Power outage reported in southeast St. Joseph
- Power outage reported in north St. Joseph
- Truck hits building along St. Joseph Ave.
- Another St. Joseph home hit by gunfire
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate
- St. Joseph celebrates pride
- Tractor Trailer Strikes Power Pole, Causes Outages