(SMITHVILLE, Mo.) Smithville fire officials said a woman was taken to the hospital after she was struck by lightning Saturday afternoon.
This happened just before 2 p.m. around the lake near Jack Rabbit Bend, according to a post on the Clay County Parks Facebook page. The woman was fishing with her husband near the area when it happened.
Park officials said the woman was 55 years-old and was transported by ambulance with serious burn injuries.
Count on KQ2 News for further updates.
- Woman in hospital after being struck by lightning, fire officials say
- Lightning strike kills Maryville man
- Tractor Trailer Struck by Train
- Pedestrian struck along Hwy 36
- Lightning strike sparks fire in East St. Joseph home
- Lightning Strikes Tree on NWMSU Campus
- Lightning strike sends large tree into home
- Man struck by vehicle on Powell Street
- Stabbing sends woman to the hospital
- Mosaic Life Care officially takes over hospital in Maryville