(ATCHISON COUNTY, Mo.) 54-year-old Nancy Cherry of Fairfax was killed Monday morning in a single vehicle crash in Atchison County.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Cherry was driving a 2010 Toyota van southbound on U.S. 59 two miles south of Fairfax just before 7:00 a.m. when her vehicle began skidding. The van then went across the center line and off the east side of the road. The front driver's side struck an embankment. The van then overturned and Cherry was ejected from the vehicle.
Cherry was pronounced dead at the scene by the Atchison County Coroner. Troopers say Cherry was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash.
The Tarkio Fire Department, Fairfax Fire Department, Atchison Holt Ambulance District, Tarkio Police Department, and the Atchison County Sheriff's Department assisted at the scene.
- Woman killed after being ejected from vehicle in crash in Atchison County, Missouri
- Atchison, Kan. woman killed in ATV crash
- Driver ejected, killed in crash near Tarkio
- Atchison County, Missouri recommending evacuations near Missouri River
- Crews close 1,000 foot levee breach in Atchison County, Missouri
- Motorcycle Crash Kills Missouri Man
- Second teen dies in Atchison creek crash
- Tarkio woman seriously injured after van overturns in Atchison County
- Atchison, Kan. residents react as Missouri River rises
- Body discovered in Missouri River near Atchison, Kansas