ST. JOSEPH, Mo.
Mark Gomez has been the personal training coordinator at the St. Joseph YMCA North Village location for a little over two years and sees growing potential for both YMCA locations in the community.
"We want to hear what people want us to bring to the gym," Gomez said.
The YMCA Strategic Plan is hoping to do just that, as the survey looks at data to gather information the St. Joseph YMCA needs to review community needs as a whole.
According to St. Joseph YMCA CEO Sue White, those responses are important to the plan's final report.
"I think it's easy for us to see things just through our individual perspectives and if we're not asking for that input then we're strictly making decisions based on our own personal perceptions," White said.
The online survey is separated into categories of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
"Many of those needs may fit into one of our buckets of direction but we need to make sure that and hear that from the community at large so we can make sure when we're planning that we're doing things that are relevant in today's world," White said.
"I've been in the fitness industry for about 10 years now and this survey is important for the people because ultimately they're the ones that are using our facilities the most. The outsider, the member, they can think of things that maybe we're not seeing or thinking of," Gomez said.
Final results from the YMCA Strategic Plan will be received mid-December.
"We will have some early results for our strategic plan in the very first part of 2018 and we'll be enrolling it probably in segments through the first part of the year and plan to announce the entire strategic plan in our annual meeting next June," White said.
The public has until November 28 to complete the YMCA Strategic Plan survey here.
- YMCA Seeking Community Feedback For Strategic Plan
- Health Department Seeks Community Feedback
- Faucett Firehouse Seeks Community Support
- SJSD gathering feedback from public on Master Facilities Plan, future of high schools
- Board of Education Asking for Feedback on Superintendent Search
- MWSU seeks community input in president search
- New YMCA Opens in Atchison,KS
- YMCA begins campaign to raise $110,000
- Iran's military power is boosted by unconventional tactics and proxies in strategic locations
- Community members discuss future plans for SJSD