Aubrey Conaway 76, of St. Joseph, Missouri, passed away Tuesday, December 5, 2017 in a Saint Joseph, health care center. He was born December 2, 1941 in Maysville, MO, son of the late Mary and Robert Conaway. He graduated from Benton High School 1961 and attended Highland Junior College. He worked as a Maximum Security Guard at the Missouri State Hospital, retiring after 20 years of service. He loved St. Louis Cardinals baseball and Chicago Bears football, and he was a Christian. Survivors include, two brothers, Mickey and Gale Conaway both of St. Joseph, MO, nieces, Kelley Schuckman, and Stacey Conaway, nephews, Kevin and Kyle Conaway, and 11 great nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be conducted at 7:00 pm, on Thursday, December 7, 2017 at Rupp Funeral Home, with Rev. Greg Smith officiating, The family will receive friends from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM on Thursday at the Rupp Funeral Home. Memorials are requested to the American Heart Association or American Diabetes Association.
- Aubrey Conaway 76, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Danny Lee Evans, 76, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Francis Jay “J.R.” Royce, 76, St. Joseph, Mo.
- Mary Ann Kneib-Sadler, 76, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Lucille Y. Harper, 76, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Shirley M. Sharpe, 76, of St. Joseph, MO
- Dr. Jack T. Jewett, 76, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Jerome Cleveland Richardson 76, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Samuel P. Fuller, 76, of St. Joseph, MO
- David P. Swartz, 76, of St. Joseph, MO