Bobby Dean Kennedy, of St. Joseph, passed away Sept. 10, 2018. He was born April 27, 1957, in King City, Missouri, to James (Pete) and Alice Kennedy. He was a graduate from Lafayette High School. Bobby served his country in the Army. He was a lifelong truck driver and was a diesel mechanic. He was a Christian. He loved spending time with his family and grandchildren. He enjoyed a nice steak and a cold beer, and he loved Lynyrd Skynyrd. He was an organ donor and his liver was donated to a 51 year old recipient. Preceded in death by: his parents; brother, Michael Kennedy; and sisters, Sandra Davis and Pamela Geoffroy. Survivors: sister, Angie Embrey (Robert); brother-in-law, Tom Geoffroy; children, Shayna Michelle and Jacob Michael; grandchildren, Brylee Ariana, Jaelyn Michelle and Cayden Dean; nieces and nephews, Christopher Kennedy, Timothy Kennedy, Erica Flores (Brandon), Amber Casada (Matthew), Jeremy Davis, Ceirra Davis, Danielle Hazelton (Kai), Dustin Embrey and Dylan Embrey (Haley); and several great-nieces and nephews. Funeral services: 10 a.m. Friday, Sept. 14, 2018, at Rupp Funeral Home. The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, at the Rupp Funeral Home.
The interment will be at the Weathermon Cemetery, Guildford, Missouri. Memorials are requested to the Bobby Dean Kennedy memorial fund in care of the Rupp Funeral Home or on www.ruppfuneral.com, selected obituary, select funeral funding to give a donation.
Online condolence and obituary at www.ruppfuneral.com.
- Bobby Dean KennedyU.S. Veteran Bobby Dean Kennedy April 27, 1957 - September 8, 2018
- Bobby Dean Lee, 57, of Denton, Kansas
- Donald Dean Kirk November 15, 1941 - September 27, 2018
- Ronald Dean Kennedy September 19, 1942 – February 2, 2019
- Larry Dean Martin August 30, 1957 – January 25, 2019
- Jack Dean Hamlin, 88
- Larry Dean Dawson, 69
- Dean Blanton, 81
- Randy Eugene Fanning April 9, 1957 - September 25, 2018
- Ricky Bobby Lee Gillpatrick January 21, 1982 - January 27, 2019