Curtis Edmund Kessler died Tuesday, May 22, 2018 at Mosaic Life Care. He was born December 2, 1928 in Easton, Missouri. He graduated from Easton High School and worked at Armor and Company until 1957.
He then moved and began farming by Whitesville, Missouri and then moved to a farm near Savannah, Missouri in 1965, dairying from 1957 to 1985. He continued farming and raising his beloved Polled Herford cattle until his death.
He was a member of St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, serving on the Parish Council several times, a charter member of the Savannah Knights of Columbus Council, transferring to Council #571 of St. Joseph in 1992, a Fourth Degree Knight of Columbus and a past member of the Rosendale Lion's Club, He served on and was the past president of the North Andrew School Board. Curtis served his country by enlisting in the United States Naval Reserves following World War II and served until 1961.
Curtis married Frances Jezak in St. Joseph on March 31, 1951. She survives him of the home. He was preceded in death by his parents, Henry and Alice (Wiedmaier) Kessler; brother, Roger Kessler; and sister Carol Staelens.
Additional survivors are: son Gregory (Kelly) and daughter Caelene (Jeff) Lance, both of Savannah, Missouri; Grandchildren; Mackenzie Luedke, Brooke Stewart, Mariah Lance, Dakota Kessler and Kenley Lance, and several step-grandchildren and step great-grandchildren, brothers Earl (Joyce), St. Joseph, and Dwight (Deanne), Leavenworth, Kansas; sisters Shirley Hitchcock, O'Fallon, Missouri, and Lois (Bob) Taczala, Houston, Texas.
Mass of Christian Burial 10:00AM Friday, May 25, at St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church. A luncheon will be held at the church after the Mass with interment following at Mount Olivet Cemetery. A Parish Rosary will be recited 6:00PM Thursday, May 24, at Heaton-Bowman-Smith Savannah Chapel with the family receiving friends afterwards until 8:00PM. Memorial donations may be made to St. Rose of Lima or Catholic Charities.
- Curtis Edmund Kessler December 2, 1928 - May 22, 2018
- Barbara Louella Wright March 13, 1928 - November 22, 2018
- John Richard Nold March 12, 1928 - December 14, 2018
- Mary Ann Kirchhofer August 5, 1928 – December 21, 2018
- Michael E. Grable December 24, 1951 - December 22, 2018
- Georgia Mae Martin (Blackburn) December 14, 1928 - June 6, 2019
- Edward "Ed" Welch December 14, 1928 - June 30, 2019
- Clarence W. Curtis 1949-2018
- Madeline D. Silcott May 02, 1928 - April 05, 2018
- Eleanor Louise (Smith) Miller February 11, 1928 - September 8, 2018