Donald Ashley, 95, St. Joseph, Missouri; passed away Saturday, November 4, 2017 at a local healthcare facility.
Don was born on July 16, 1922 in Danville, Indiana to the late Emil and Tina (Utterback) Ashley. He was a graduate of Lizton High School in Lizton, Indiana.
Mr. Ashley was a 40 year retired carpenter of the Local Union 60 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Don was a life-time member of the Moose Lodge 17, Indianapolis, Indiana, where he served as chaplain and governor. He volunteered for over 20 years at the Calvin Center in St. Joseph.
Don married Waneta Wood on January 11, 1946 and to that union two daughters were born, whom they raised and cared for together. Waneta preceded him in death in 2013.
Don was also preceded in death by three sisters, Velcia Pearl Beer, Mae Marie Ashley and Clara Jane Hartman.
Survivors include two daughters, Tonya Bush, and husband, Russell and Dona Kiviniemi; grandsons, Jeramy Bush, and wife, Jessica, Jacob Bush, and wife, Shannon, Jonathon Kiviniemi, and wife, Jessica; great-grandchildren, Shala, Hannah, Damion, Stephanie, Alex, Brayden, Addison and Katie; great-great-granddaughter, Braylea and sister, Martha Lee Lingemen.
Mr. Ashley has been cremated under the direction of the Heaton-Bowman-Smith & Sidenfaden Chapel. There are no services or visitation scheduled at this time.
The family has requested memorial donations to the Calvin Center or St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- Donald Ashley, 95, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Betty Clark, 95, of St. Joseph, MO
- Geraldine L. Norton, 95, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Charles L. White, Sr., 95, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Alice Josephine “Jo” Leslie, 95, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Helen Miller Hirter, 95, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Madeline Swink, 95, St. Joseph, Missouri,
- Mabel A. Murphy, 95, of St. Joseph
- Erma L. Lewis, 95, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Lila M. Redmon, 95, St. Joseph, Missouri