Doris (Weis) Wiedmer, 89, of Wathena, Kansas passed away Saturday, November 18, 2017 at the Wathena Nursing & Rehabilitation Center.
Doris was born on July 3, 1928 in Wathena, Kansas to Jacob John & Violet A. (Livingston) Weis.
She was a member of the First Baptist Church, Happy Valley Homemaker Extension Club, American Legion Women’s Auxiliary & Zion Women’s Guild all of Wathena, Kansas. Doris taught Sunday School, Bible School & worked with the Mission group at First Baptist Church. She was a Homemaker & a Beautician. Doris enjoyed baking & candy making, along with her flowers & her walks with her little dog.
Doris married Laverne Wiedmer on May 22, 1949 in Wathena, Kansas. He preceded her in death on February 10, 1993. She was also preceded in death by her parents & granddaughter, Holley Dawn Sellars.
Survivors; son, Wayne Wiedmer (Janet), Wathena, Kansas
daughters, Dawn Sellars, Stewartsville, Missouri
Sherrel Coats (Billy), St. Joseph, Missouri
Grandchildren; Brent Wiedmer (Heather), Amy Rush (Paul), Lindsey Schwope (Joey), Amber Griffin (Brad), Jacob Hershewe (Shelley), Joseph Hershewe (Diane), Katelyn Hershewe & Riley Coats (Whitney)
Marvin Weir (Neva) who was raised like a brother by her parents.
Funeral Service: 10:00 A.M. Tuesday, November 21, 2017
At the First Baptist Church in Wathena, Kansas.
Visitation: 6-8 Monday evening at the Harman-Rohde Funeral Home in Wathena, Kansas, where friends may call after 9 A.M. Monday.
Burial: Zion United Evangelical Church Cemetery, Wathena, Kansas.
Memorials: Alzheimer’s Disease Research or the First Baptist Church of Wathena.
- Doris (Weis) Wiedmer, 89, of Wathena, Ks.
- Russell (Eddie) Forbes, 89, of Wathena, Ks.
- Jackie E. Saville 81, of Wathena, Ks.
- Dorothy A. Shalz, 94, of Wathena, Ks.
- Betty Jo Blanton 82, of Wathena, Ks.
- Douglas Charles Euler, 61, of Wathena, Ks.
- Raymond Munger, 82, of Wathena, Ks.
- Gerald L. Studer, 75, of Wathena, Ks.
- Doris M. Edmondson, 89, St. Joseph, Missouri,
- Stella Marie (Schultz) Goin, 97, of Wathena, Ks.