Dr. Matt Gilmour
Dr. Matt Gilmour, 74, St. Joseph, Missouri, passed away Tuesday, May 1, 2018, at his home after a lengthy illness.
He was born December 29, 1943, to Forrest and Mary (Rennick) Gilmour in Ottumwa, Iowa.
Matt married Linda Kay Bridges on July 1, 1978.
He was a professor and chairman of Missouri Western State University’s Department of Music for over 40 years.
Matt was a very forward thinker and continually educated himself and enjoyed a multitude of topics and interests. He was an avid reader, loved gardening, working in their greenhouse and their 4 Irish Wolfhound dogs. His wife, children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren were a great source of joy and pride for him.
Over the life of his career he was involved in many types of arts and organizations. He dedicated the majority of his career to teaching and influencing young people with his passion for music.
Survivors include his wife; daughter, Delia Shepard; son, Daniel Wilkinson; grandchildren, Abbey, Ben, and Colby Shepard; and several great-grandchildren.
Natural Farewell under the direction of Meierhoffer Funeral Home & Crematory. Online guest book and obituary at www.meierhoffer.com.
- Dr. Matt Gilmour, 74, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Burnita “Sam” Wolfing, 74, St. Joseph, Missouri,
- Carol Green, 74, St. Joseph, Missouri,
- Stephen E. Hunter, 74, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Carole A. Danback, 74, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Marvin L. Bowlin, 74, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Jimmie Hodge, 74, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Joyce E. Gilmore, 74, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Kenneth “Kenny” King, 74, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Richard L. Creager, Sr., 74, formerly of St. Joseph, Missouri