Evelyn G. Scott, 83, of St. Joseph, met her heavenly Father Friday, December 15, 2017.
Evelyn was born on January 15, 1934 to Peter and Viola (Johnson) Severin in St. Joseph, where she was also raised. In 1953, she married Freeman Scott, Jr.; they celebrated 56 years of married life before his death in 2009.
Besides her husband, Evelyn was also preceded in death by her parents and brother, Norman Severin.
She is survived by: daughters Cindy Scott, Garden City, Kansas and Julie Gummelt, St. Joseph; grandchildren Emily Gummelt-Morrison (Jon), Bethany Gummelt, Russell Gummelt, Stephanie Gummelt; great-grandson, Eli Morrison; sisters Elsie Crouch and Joy Eckels.
Evelyn has been cremated under the direction of Heaton-Bowman-Smith & Sidenfaden Chapel. No services are planned at this time.
- Evelyn G. Scott, 83, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Doris J. Johnson, 83, St. Joseph, MO
- Bill R. McKinney, 83, St. Joseph, MO
- Ron Lewis, 83, of St. Joseph, MO
- Margie Gilpin, 83, of St. Joseph, MO
- Evelyn Joan Mapel, 81, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Evelyn Regina "Gina" Spaeth, 55, of St. Joseph, MO
- Robert Scott Jameson, 41, St Joseph, MO
- Dorothy L. Graves, 83, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Charles R. Markt, 83, of St. Joseph, MO