Gary 's Obituary
On Thursday, April 5, 2018, Gary's healing began. He went home to be with his God and many loved ones. During his 61 years here he created many memories, loved greatly, and would often reminisce and share his experience, strength and hope. Gary was very passionate about family, loved ones and the way of living he had come to know that works and was willing to help his fellows discover this too.
Gary loved fishing, camping, music, festivals, drinking coffee with friends and taking drives with his radio loud. He was very sentimental and kept many cherished tokens from his memories as a child and several life experiences, such as his baby blanket and booties, love letters his father had written his mother even before he was born, family newspaper clippings, medals and achievements from his father and other family members' military experiences, flowers pressed in books highlighting significance to him and the list goes on. Gary definitely made an impression on you if you were lucky enough to know him. Gary believed in God, honestly, love, family, friendship and loyalty. He was a man of his word, kind, a great listener and had a great sense of humor. He would laugh, but also cry with you. He stood up for what he believed in, "Right is right and wrong is wrong", it was that simple.
Gary was a lifelong resident of St. Joseph, MO and graduated from Central High School. He worked in janitorial services with the St. Joseph School District until his health would no longer allow. He was a friend of Bill W. for many years.
Gary will be deeply missed, He was preceded in death by his father, Clyde "Steele" Lawhon and his mother, Mary Margaret Lawhon. Surviving is a first cousin, Marvin Anderson, and other distant cousins.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 11:00 AM at the Heaton-Bowman-Smith & Sidenfaden Chapel in St. Joseph, MO. The family will receive friends from 6-8 PM Friday evening at our chapel. He will be laid to rest at Memorial Park Cemetery. Donations may be made to the charity of the donor's choice.
Until we meet again, see you on the other side. May you rest in peace our dear friend.
- Gary D. Lawhon January 24, 1957 - April 5, 2018
- Gary William Siebert January 02, 1946 - April 19, 2018
- Randy Eugene Fanning April 9, 1957 - September 25, 2018
- April Diane McDaniel April 30, 1957 – February 14, 2019
- Charles "Chuck" Michael Boeh July 20, 1957 - January 10, 2019
- Larry Dean Martin August 30, 1957 – January 25, 2019
- Bobby Dean KennedyU.S. Veteran Bobby Dean Kennedy April 27, 1957 - September 8, 2018
- Janet Elaine Dowell March 16, 1957 - September 6, 2018
- David Robert Farnan March 19, 1957 - September 19, 2018
- Brenda K. Ryan May 29, 1957 - October 19, 2018