Gary Walts, Sr., 73, St. Joseph, Missouri, formerly of Wathena, Kansas, passed away Tuesday, December 5, 2017, at Laverna Village, St. Joseph.
He was born April 25, 1944, to Paul and Maxine (Hubbard) Walts in St. Joseph.
Gary married Judy Duckworth August 18, 1963. She survives of the home.
He was an avid hunter, mushroom hunter, and fisherman. He was also the former co-owner of “The Keg” in Wathena, Kansas.
He was preceded in death by his parents; son, Gary Walts, Jr.; brother, Bill Walts; nephew, Billy Walts; and daughter-in-law, Michelle Merritt-Walts.
Survivors include his wife; daughter, Kelly Casey (Duane), Springfield, Missouri; grandson, Kory Walts; granddaughter, Amber Walts; nephew, Jon Walts (Lisa); nine great-grandchildren; three great-nephews.
Farewell Services 3:00 P.M. Tuesday, with visitation 12:30 to 2:30 P.M., Meierhoffer Funeral Home & Crematory. Online guest book and obituary at www.meierhoffer.com.
- Gary Walts, Sr., 73, St. Joseph, Mo.
- Robert J. Barger, Sr., 73, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Dennis Ray Brown, Sr., 73, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Gerald L. “Gary” Liles, 73, St. Joseph, Missouri,
- Gary Ronnie Westcott, Sr., 77, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Dottye J. Hicks, 73, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Charles L. White, Sr., 95, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Kenneth D. Morse, Sr., 86, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Edward R. Helsel Sr. 81, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Ronald R. Bradley, Sr., 72, of St. Joseph, Mo