Gerald Lyle “Jerry” Ross, St. Joseph, Missouri, was born March 12, 1935 the son of Loren and Stella (Campbell) Ross in Maysville, Missouri, passed away at home on his 83rd birthday March 12, 2018.
He was a graduate of Maysville High School Class of 1953. Jerry served in the United States Army from 1956-1962 during the Korean Conflict.
Jerry and Mary Diane Handy were married March 30, 1963 in St. Joseph Missouri.
He worked for Bevins Grocery in Maysville while attending school. After graduation he worked for Justrite Milk, Wonder Bread Bakery, Seitz Foods as a truck dispatcher for 18 years and Bob Markt Trucking. After moving to Phoenix, Arizona he operated a Ryder Truck Rental retiring in 1996.
Jerry enjoyed watching old westerns, Nascar racing, his pickups and doing his yard work. He dearly loved his “four legged kids”.
He was preceded in death by his parents; three brothers, Sam, Frank and Donnie Lee (“P. Nuts”); and sister, Lorene Kelly.
Survivors include his wife, Diane, of the home; two brothers, Loren L. “Junior” and wife Jimalee O’Connor, Jack and wife Erika; sisters-in-law, Phyllis and Ruth Ross; and last but not least, two four legged kids, Max and C.J; many nieces, nephews and friends, including special friends, Barb and Curtis Gould.
Farewell Services 9:30 A.M. Saturday, Meierhoffer Funeral Home & Crematory. Interment Memorial Park Cemetery. The family will gather with friends 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. Friday, Meierhoffer Funeral Home & Crematory. Flowers are appreciated and for those wishing to make a contribution, family request they be made to St. Joseph Friends of the Animal Shelter or the Alzheimer’s Association. Online guest book and obituary at www.meierhoffer.com.
- Gerald Lyle “Jerry” Ross, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- James Gerald Brown “Downtown Jerry Brown”, 92, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Gerald V. Miller, 78, St. Joseph, Missouri
- David Lyle Kelly, 66, of St. Joseph, MO
- Geraldine "Jerry" Borchers, 91, of St. Joseph, MO
- Gerald O. Everett, 87, of Barnard, Mo.
- Gerald "Jerry" Roach May 7, 1962 - October 7, 2018
- Gerald E. "Jerry" Rathgeber May 30, 1937 - February 4, 2019
- Gerald L. “Gary” Liles, 73, St. Joseph, Missouri,
- Jerry Neil Simmons, 79, of Parkville, MO