Janet E. Dowell 61, of Saint Joseph, Missouri, passed away Thursday, September 6, 2018. She was born March 16, 1957 in St. Joseph, MO. She attended Central High School, and married Renee Dowell in 1979. She worked at Breezy Point Kennel as owner/operator, Jim & Joe's & Mutt & Jeff's and the Humane Society of St. Joseph. She loved animals and was a member of the German Dog Club of America and worked the Humane Society of St. Joseph. She also enjoyed spending time at the lake. She was Methodist. Janet was preceded in death by; mother, Martha Jean Wise, step father Glenn Wise, father Bernard Babcock, and brother Dennis Babcock. Survivors include, husband, Renee Dowell of the home, two children Neil (Casey) Hendrix, and Ryan Hendrix, three grandchildren, sister Glenda (Bob) Poirier, Wathena, KS, dear friend Larry Young, as well as other extended family members.
The family will receive friends from 1-2 pm Monday, with Funeral services: 2:00 pm, Monday, September 10, 2018 at Rupp Funeral Home, Rev. James Barnett officiating. The Interment will be at the Bethel Cemetery . Memorials are requested to the Janet Dowell Memorial Fund in care of the Rupp Funeral Home.
- Janet Elaine Dowell March 16, 1957 - September 6, 2018
- David Robert Farnan March 19, 1957 - September 19, 2018
- Wilma Elaine Banks, 79
- Randy Eugene Fanning April 9, 1957 - September 25, 2018
- Eric John Wolters September 16, 1956 - March 07, 2018
- Linda Elaine Hay (Whaley) August 3, 1956 - September 24, 2019
- Frances Cecilia (Jezak) Kessler, September 16, 1929 - March 16, 2019
- Janet Rose Swarthout, 72
- Bobby Dean KennedyU.S. Veteran Bobby Dean Kennedy April 27, 1957 - September 8, 2018
- Joyce Elaine Collins January 02, 1935 - April 09, 2018