Joy Anne Schmille, 79, of Wathena, Kansas passed away Thursday, July 4, 2019. Besides Christmas, Joy went to be with the Lord on her other favorite holiday.
Joy was born on December 14, 1939 in Blair, Kansas to Henry Edward & Esther Anne (Lehman) Juhl.
She graduated from Troy High School in 1957. Joy then attended Gard Business College. She was a member of the Zion United EvangelicalChurch, Women’s Fellowship & Women’s Bible study of Wathena, Kansas. Joy worked in various positions, American Angus, Sinclair’s Drug Store, Methodist Medical Center, Wathena Nursing Home and retired from Casey’s General Store.
Joy married Henry C. “Hank” Schmille on April 11, 1959. He preceded her in death on December 15, 1996. She was also preceded in death by her parents & granddaughter, Amanda.
Survivors: Children - Janet Brunner (Doug),
Tracey Johnson (Ron),
Lori Callahan (Bill),
Mary Beth Hawkins (Jerry),
Grandchildren, Diana, Andrew (Jenna), Karlee, Carl, Ryan (Ali), Riley, Shea, Kaitlyn, Justin (Erin), Jerad, Bree & Kallie & great-grandchildren Dack, Steele, Bly Juhl, Wakely and 2 additional children, all dear to her heart.
Sisters, Edda Kay Koehler (Bernie),
Sherry Dishon (Kenny),
Nancy Huss (Bill),
Numerous nieces & nephews, and many extended family members.
Funeral Service: 10:30 A.M. Tuesday, July, 9, 2019.
At the Zion United EvangelicalChurch, Wathena, Kansas.
Visitation: 6-8 Monday evening at the Harman- Rohde Funeral Home in Wathena, Kansas. Friends may call after 9 A.M. Monday.
Burial: Zion United Evangelical Cemetery, Wathena, Kansas.
Memorials: Wathena EMS or the Zion United Evangelical Church.
- Joy Anne Schmille December 14, 1939 - July 04, 2019
- Dixie Ann Brooke February 14, 1939 - September 6, 2019
- Mary Anne Bare March 04, 1939 - March 26, 2019
- Marcy (Watts) Koch September 20, 1939 - March 14, 2019
- Barbara Jo (Ezzell) Landis February 20, 1939 - April 14, 2019
- Ronald "Ronnie" Ellis Thompson July 28, 1939 – January 15, 2019
- Roy Calvin Spangler July 28, 1939 - June 11, 2019
- Bruce D. Parmelee May 26, 1939 - July 25, 2019
- Cherri Ann Norris September 14, 1967 - December 03, 2018
- Shirley Ann (Cheesman) Cresap January 13, 1923 - December 14, 2018