Joyce Alice Schutte, 78, of St. Joseph, passed away Friday, February 9, 2018.
Joyce was born on October 10, 1939, in Osceola, Iowa to the late Willis L. and Faye (Swabb) Leeson.
Together, after being married in Osceola, she and her husband Wayne W. Schutte enjoyed worldwide travel, until he passed away on May 5, 2009.
Joyce was a reference librarian at Missouri Western State University. She enjoyed shopping for antiques and going to estate sales with her granddaughter. Joyce was well known for her booths at Jesse James Antique Mall.
Surviving family includes daughter, Kimberly Schutte (Mark Elting); granddaughter, Marina Trifan (husband Larry Brown); step-great-grandson, Noah Brown; brother, Stan Leeson.
Per her wishes, Joyce has been cremated under the direction of Heaton-Bowman-Smith & Sidenfaden Chapel in St. Joseph. No services or visitation are scheduled. Private inurnment at a later date at Ashland Cemetery.
- Joyce Alice Schutte, 78, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Marilyn Joyce (Kurtz) Cobb, 78,
- Judy Farrell, 78, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Janice Capper, 78, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Georgia Johnston, 78, of St. Joseph, MO
- Joyce Marie Frakes 81, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Alice Josephine “Jo” Leslie, 95, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Joyce Sutherland, 84, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Joyce Cook, 69, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Joyce Rochambeau, 92, St. Joseph, Missouri