Joyce Cook, 69, St. Joseph, Missouri, passed away Tuesday, June 5, 2018, at her home.
She was born June 16, 1948, to Roy Oliver, Jr., and Virginia (Gordon) Guy in St. Joseph.
Joyce married Arthur Gerald Cook, who preceded her in death December 26, 1998.
She attended Missouri Western State University and went on to be a chemist for Quaker Oats.
Joyce was a member of McCarthy Baptist Church, St. Joseph, where she was the Sunday school director for 36 years. She was active in the youth ministry, vacation Bible school, children’s church, and women’s ministry. Joyce also taught dance for many years.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; and brother.
Survivors include her daughter, Annette Schottel (David); grandchildren, Caitlyn, Hannah, Grant, and Jaden; and cousins John Olson and Peggy Fortner and family.
Farewell Services 10:00 A.M. Saturday, McCarthy Baptist Church. The family will gather with friends 9:00 to 10:00 A.M. Saturday at the church. In lieu of flowers, the family requests contributions to McCarthy Baptist Church. Online guest book and obituary at www.meierhoffer.com.
- Joyce Cook, 69, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Joyce Rochambeau, 92, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Joyce Sutherland, 84, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Terry Lee Sherrill, 69, St. Joseph, Missouri,
- Karl Lee Vansickle, 69, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Harry E. Lett, 69, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Kenneth Dean Sipes, 69, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Linda Ann Harter, 69, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Billie Jean Cook, 73, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Linda J. (Montgomery) Juhl, 69, St. Joseph, Missouri