Lorena (Harness) Whittaker, 88, of Atchison, Kansas died Friday, August 30, 2019 at the Atchison hospital.
Lorena was born on June 3, 1931 in rural Atchison to Cassian David & Elsie Mae (Muncie) Harness.
She worked at Whitaker Cable, and a LPN for Missouri Methodist Hospital, Atchison Hospital, Atchison Medical lodge and the VA Medical Center.
Lorena married Vernon Whittaker in 1956, they later divorced.
She was preceded by her parents, daughter, Shirley Davies, sister, June (Jack) Diffley, brothers, Dean and Donald Harness and a great-grandson, Ryder William Rush.
Survivors include her children; Steve Whittaker (Linda), Wathena, Kansas
Raymond Whittaker (Lynnette), Atchison, Kansas
Terry Whittaker, Atchison, Kansas
numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great-great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.
Sister-in-law, Marylene Harness, San Angelo, Texas
FUNERAL: 10:30 A.M. Friday, September 6, 2019.
At: Harman Rohde Funeral Home in Troy, Kansas.
Burial: Mount Vernon Cemetery, Atchison, Kansas.
Visitation; family will receive friends 6-8 P.M. Thursday evening at the funeral home, where friends may call after 9 A.M. Thursday.
Memorials: Troy Ambulance Fund
- Lorena (Harness) Whittaker, 88, of Atchison, Kansas
- Tom Holland, 65, Atchison, Kansas,
- Dale Monshower, 69, Atchison, Kansas
- Brenda S. Baines 61, of Atchison, Kansas
- Virginia Naomi Schmitt, 88, Wathena, Kansas,
- Jack Dean Hamlin, 88
- Roy D. Whittaker August 30, 1949 - November 30, 2018
- Rhonda Louise Vestal 56, of Atchison, Kansas formerly of St. Joseph, MO,
- Evelyn Ella Isaacs 88, of Wichita, Kansas, formerly of St. Joseph, Mo
- Dorothy E. Stiens, 88, of Kansas City, MO, and formerly of Skidmore, MO