Richard Eugene “Dick” Wallace, 69, of Hopkins, MO, passed away February 5th, 2018 at his residence surrounded by his family.
Dick was born April 2, 1948, in Maryville, MO. His parents were Welton Albert Wallace and Frances Fae (Howell) Wallace. They preceded him in death.
Dick lived all his life in this area. He graduated from North Nodaway High School and was a self- employed farmer.
He was a member and attended the First Christian Church, Hopkins. He was a former member of the Saddle Club, and the 4-H Club where he helped with archery and camping. He was a member of the Hopkins Rescue Squad, the Community Club, and the Hopkins Housing Board. He had driven the school bus for over 28 years in Hopkins.
He volunteered with the Roxy in Hopkins, helping with the kids. He loved kids, farming, raising cattle and was an avid fisherman and hunter.
On August 15, 1970, he married Denise Lea Scroggie, at the Hopkins Christian Church. She survives of the home.
Other survivors include his children, Bret Allen (Sharri) Wallace, Maryville, MO, and Bradley Scott (Kenzie) Wallace, Maryville, MO; his grandchildren, Justin Ward, Taylor, Wesly, Wade, Creason, and Dash Wallace; Cammeron (Amber) Spire, Sammantha Spire, Allycia (Nick) Leslie; 7 great grandchildren; his sister, Carol (Darwin) Bears, Macon, MO; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be at 2:00 PM, Friday, February 9, 2018, at the Bram-Danfelt Funeral Home, Maryville, MO. The burial will follow in the Hopkins Cemetery, Hopkins, MO.
The family will receive friends from 6-8:00 PM, Thursday, February 8, 2018, at the funeral home.
Memorials are suggested to the North Nodaway R-VI School District to establish a scholarship fund.
- Richard Eugene “Dick” Wallace, 69, of Hopkins, Mo.
- James Richard “Dick” Warner 1929-2018
- Richard "Rick" Caraway 69, of St. Joseph, MO
- Richard D. “Dick” Barmann, 74, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Richard Eugene Ferron, 75, Maitland, MO
- Judy A. Bennett, 76, of Hopkins, Mo.
- Josephine R. Morehouse, 90, of Hopkins, MO,
- Kathy Lynn Gladman, 56, of Hopkins, MO
- Richard H. “Dick” Wertz, 87, Stewartsville, Missouri
- Arend Wallace 67, of St. Joseph, Mo.