Russell Dean "Papa DD aka Pop" Wray, 87, of Saint Joseph, Missouri, passed away Saturday, August 11, 2018 at a Saint Joseph health care center. He was born March 29, 1931 in Maryville, Missouri, son of the late Olevia & Byron Wray. He graduated from Benton High School, Class of 1949. He served in the Navy during the Korean War.
Russ had a long career in the automotive industry and was a self-taught farrier.
He loved horses, riding gymkhana with his daughter and training and showing his cutting horses. He was a huge John Wayne fan, enjoyed watching westerns, reading Louis L'Amour books and was a member of SAS.
Russ was preceded in death by his parents. Survivors include his wife, Dorotha Mae Wray, Saint Joseph, MO, daughter, Robi Parks, grandson, Steven Wray Cervino, granddaughter, Ashley Mae Cervino, all of Lake Havasu City, AZ, brother-in-law, Harold Cecil Callaway, Faucett, MO, sister, Laura Margaret Brantley, Saint Joseph, MO. He will be cremated under the care and direction of the Rupp Funeral Home
- Russell Dean Wray March 29, 1931 - August 11, 2018
- Virginia Wright March 11, 1931 - March 16, 2018
- Thelma G. Horner December 27, 1931 - October 29, 2018
- Marilyn F. Bolton August 12, 1931 - December 3, 2018
- Donald Dean Long July 2, 1933 - March 29, 2019
- Bobbie Lou Dunlap July 11, 1931 - March 14, 2019
- Tommy James Russell Sr. August 23, 1947 - October 21, 2018
- David Russell Whitlock 1960 - 2018
- Freddie Dean Mears March 25, 1944 - November 07, 2018
- Arend William Thedinga August 29, 1923 - May 20, 2018