Scott Frederick Wiedmaier, 51, of St. Joseph, passed away unexpectedly at his home Monday, February 19, 2018.
Scott was born May 20, 1966 in St. Joseph to Max and Freida (Schneider) Wiedmaier. He grew up in Hemple, MO, attended the St. Joseph Parish in Easton, MO and graduated from East Buchanan High School in Gower, MO as part of the class of 1984.
He went to work for Blueside Tannery, now National Beef Leathers, in 1986. He worked there for 32 years and was promoted to Environmental Compliance Coordinator in 2015. Scott was also a former member of the United Cereal Workers Union and had served in the Air National Guard. He attended St. James Catholic Church. He enjoyed farming, camping, NASCAR, and spending time with his family. He was a passionate fan of the Royals and Chiefs
He is preceded in death by his father, Max; his paternal grandparents, Bernard and Faye Wiedmaier; and maternal grandparents, Homer and Ethel Schneider.
Scott is survived by his mother, Freida; sisters and brothers Linda Wiedmaier, Joy (Dana) Hunter, Alan (Eileen) Wiedmaier, Ann (Jim) Carrithers, Brian (Jesse) Wiedmaier and Melissa (Devin) Saale; his longtime friend and companion, Jennifer Aguilar; numerous nieces, nephews, cousins, aunts, uncles and friends; and his faithful dog, Gopher.
Visitation 4:00-6:30PM Thursday, February 22, at Heaton-Bowman-Smith & Sidenfaden Chapel. A Prayer Service will commence at 6:30PM. There will be a reception following the service until 8:30PM.
- Scott Frederick Wiedmaier, 51, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Charles Frederick Mueller, 79, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Vicky Eileen (Hunter) Beaver, 51, of St. Joseph, Mo
- Gaylene Ann Wiedmaier (Wilson) 1960-2018
- Ernest Eugene Owens, 51, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Evelyn G. Scott, 83, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Robbie "Scott" Burton 47, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Frederick Louis Anthony 40, of St. Joseph, Missouri
- Gaylene Ann Wiedmaier,(Wilson) 57, Cameron,
- Captain Timothy Travis Owens, 51, St. Joseph, Missouri