Sherry A. Owens, 66, St. Joseph, Missouri, passed away Saturday, February 17, 2018.
She was born August 21, 1951 in Lincoln, Nebraska to Richard and Joann (Wedgewood) Starkey.
Sherry married Bill Owens December 18, 1970. He survives of the home.
She was a member of Savannah United Methodist Church and also a 35 plus year member of The Girls Scouts of NW Missouri and NE Kansas.
Sherry enjoyed traveling, grandchildren, and spending time with her family.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Additional survivors include, daughter, Michelle D. Owens- Keen; son, Kelly C. Owens (Danielle); grandchildren, Sidney Owens, Adam Keen, Spencer Owens and Jordan Keen; sisters, Cathy Steeby (Donald), Cindy Jones (Brian), Robin Snead (Bob); brothers, Roger Starkey (Sonia), Ricky Starkey (Angela); her beloved dog, Brandy; numerous nieces and nephews
The family will gather with friends 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. Friday, Meierhoffer Funeral Home & Crematory. Private Services & Interment Rochester Cemetery, Rochester, Missouri at a later date. In lieu of flowers the family request donations to the Local Girls Scout Troops of St. Joseph, Missouri. Online guest book and obituary at www.meierhoffer.com.
- Sherry A. Owens, 66, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Trudy Gay Muff 66, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- William J. “Bill” Sipe, 66, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Clifford V. Hill, 66, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Lona L. (Wheeler) Fuston, 66, of St. Joseph, MO
- David Lyle Kelly, 66, of St. Joseph, MO
- Cleo Wesley Sherry, 84, of Maryville, MO
- Cindy Humphrey, 66, of St. Joseph
- Judy Higgins, 66, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Jim Withrow, 66, of St. Joseph