Stephen "Chris" Lawhon, 56, of St. Joseph, passed away Saturday, August 10, 2019.
Chris was born November 14, 1962 to Stephen and Carol Lawhon in Altus, Oklahoma.
Chris married Kim Lawhon and from this union they had three children.
He had a love for sports, the outdoors and especially the Ozarks. There will be an infinite amount of memories forever. His signature "Oh Yeah!" when he found a patch of morels, hooked a nice fish or the Chiefs came up with a big play is priceless. He enjoyed teaching his children how to ride a bike, sports, fishing and that camo is always in style. Chris had a love for scratch tickets.
Chris was preceded in death by his father and grandparents, Merrill and Katherine Parham.
Survivors include mother Carol Lawhon; children, Alison Lawhon, Brandon Lawhon, Ryan Lawhon, Asha Miller, Justin Hartley and Joshua Beechner; fiance', Stacy Hartley; sisters Kim Kellogg (Tim), Lea Cooper; brothers Brian Lawhon (Angie) and Eric Lawhon; seventeen grandchildren and one great granddaughter; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Chris has been cremated under the direction of Heaton-Bowman-Smith & Sidenfaden Chapel. There will be a register book available to sign. A Celebration of Life will be held at a later date.
Memorial donations may be made to Heaton-Bowman-Smith & Sidenfaden Chapel to help defray costs.
- Stephen "Chris" Lawhon November 14, 1962 - August 10, 2019
- Jennifer Eileen Martin November 22, 1962 - April 28, 2018
- Robert "Bobby" Carroll Jones November 13, 1962 - December 30, 2018
- Laurie Ann Feeback July 16, 1962 - March 13, 2019
- Becky Jo Wilson-Long June 21, 1962 - July 7, 2019
- Gary D. Lawhon January 24, 1957 - April 5, 2018
- Mary Ann Burns March 14, 1927 - August 8, 2019
- Harold Lloyd Calhoon Jr. April 14, 1961 - August 15, 2019
- Thomas N. "Tommy" Tatro November 1, 1978 - January 14, 2019
- Harold Gayle VanSickle, Jr. November 14, 1926 - January 13, 2019