Theodore “Ted” A. Lopez, 72, of St. Joseph, passed away April 19, 2018 at a Wathena Healthcare & Rehab in Wathena, Kansas.
Ted was born May 3, 1945 to Theodore and Gertie Lopez.
Besides his parents, he is preceded in death by his brothers, Dallis “Gene”, Ralph, and sisters, Frances Flores, Dolores McGauhey and Carmen Jacobs.
Ted was a proud veteran of the Vietnam war, serving in the U.S. Navy from 1963-1969.
He attended Christian Brothers High School and was a lifelong member of the Catholic faith.
Due to illness, Ted had made his residence at the Wathena Healthcare and Rehab since 2008. He grew to love his new family and was well loved and taken care of by the staff.
One of Ted’s greatest pleasures in life was playing cards with his family and friends and making them laugh.
He is survived by his sons, Theodore A. Lopez Jr. and Brian Lopez, a sister Phyllis Conard, and several nieces and nephews.
Mr. Lopez has been cremated under the care of Rupp Funeral Home.
Rosary to be recited at 6:00 p.m. Friday, April 27 at Rupp Funeral Home with visitation to follow from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Graveside inurnment with military honors will be at a later date at Leavenworth National Cemetery.
Online obituary and condolences at www.ruppfuneral.com
- Theodore “Ted” A. Lopez, 72, of St. Joseph
- Theodore "Ted" Hauser, 76
- James Theodore “Ted” Bentsen, 70, St. Joseph, Missouri
- William Theodore Niemann, 87, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Linda Goerke, 72, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Gilbert Duane Schank, 72, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Marsha S. VanGaasbeek, 72, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Arvin Leonard Cruse, 72, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Gertie Louise (Ford) Schwichtenberg, 72, of St. Joseph, Mo.
- Paul Allen Dryer, 72, of St. Joseph, Mo.