Val Junior Riggs, 75, of Troy, Kansas, passed away Thursday, August 30, 2018 in Troy. He was born December 2, 1942 in Neosho, Missouri, son of Helen & Val Riggs. He married Susan Burns n 1964, sharing 54 years together. He graduated from Kearney High School class of 1960. He went on to attend Barber College, and spent 56 years as a Barber. He loved his friendship with his friends and customers and also enjoyed hunting and fishing.
Val was preceded in death by his mother, Helen Riggs, father, Val Riggs, grandsons, Kealin Riggs, Tristan Riggs, Shawn Riggs, and sister, Gertrude Isaac.
He is survived by wife, Susan Kay Riggs of the home, son, Bryan Patrick Riggs of St. Joseph, sisters, Esther Campbell of Gulfport, MS, and Doris Letow of San Antonio, TX, and 1 grandson.
Mr. Riggs has been cremated under the care of Rupp Funeral Home.
Family to receive friends from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at Rupp Funeral Home. An inurnment will take place at a later date at Fairview Cemetery in Kearney, MO.
- Val Junior Riggs December 2, 1942 - August 30, 2018
- Lloyd Francis Cox, Sr. December 26, 1942 - September 30, 2018
- Donna Kay Riggs, 58
- Bobbie Babcock February 10, 1942 - December 21, 2018
- Raymond "Ray" T. Guardado October 30, 1942 - May 1, 2018
- Donald Lee Ellingson August 4, 1942 - June 5, 2019
- Patricia Kagay Griffin March 9, 1942 - August 5, 2019
- Joyce Marie Smith December 19, 1942 - January 13, 2019
- Melvin R. Trail Sr. September 16, 1942 - November 11, 2018
- Don Bischoff February 28, 1942 - November 14, 2018